Monday, January 21, 2008

Griefer

Since I'm unemployed now I naturally wait for the phone to ring, hoping it's my girl asking me over to spend the night.

Here at the Sober House I have an ornery house-mate, Chunk... He's got it in for me....He's noticed I don't work, He's leaving messages on our community board in the kitchen.

He's got me by the letter of the Oxford Code: get a job or do 20 hours of volunteer work each week. "You're not spending your days in your room collecting unemployment," he writes.

But sure I will. The house can vote and order me around if it wants, but we have no leaders, there isn't a boss here. If there was we wouldn't elect the stupid guy who huffed too much paint.

I just wrote, "Cool your jets, Frank" but he erased it. Now I want to write "drop dead, Fosdick" but he's filled up the board with his big block letters. The man is passive-aggresive, which is fortunate since he could easily break me in two. And he's right but the code means less to me now. I like to act on my own volition. A quirk.
________
She hasn't called, so I will take off to the club with Marginal Likley Hood, Back Child Support, and Semper Sci-Fi in tow. They like the college girls as much as the ex-strippers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Hey, is that Fosdick as in Fearless Fosdick and his gal Prudence Pimpleton?

6:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hear Frank's Place is in need of some help ;)

Frannie

7:37 PM  
Blogger chopready said...

Ummm...The college girls aren't ex yet? Why are they ex-strippers? Does that mean they graduated?
This comment approaches silly.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

oh! The line could read as though the ex-strippers like the college girls even more than my fellow monks.

But I don't think that's what you're getting at, poet.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home