Tuesday, April 29, 2008

'Times are hard everywhere'

"We'll just have to see how it goes."
-dylan (too much to ask)

Coltrane
reminds me of my ornery Uncle Bill so much I want to ask him if he has a glass eye. Also, Uncle Bill was always good for a twenty, so my reasoning goes...Haywire, I mean. Whoever is handy now, that's how it is. Friends who saw me coming knew to ask first, and for more. Say John, you got a hundred bucks I could borrow?

No, I don't. Do you have five? What's a fiver to you who wants a hundred?

This day before payday. Casey O'Fallen, the former triple A baseball player here, was good for a twenty on Sunday, just before the church plate came around. THANK GOD!
___
Is it just me, or do you think last week went fast. Did today seem slow? Is it just me or do you think we've run into some hard times.

I remember when gas was only three bucks. Is this what they mean by a weak dollar? DON'T TELL ME. Your explanations are wasted.

Anyway. Here's something you may not have known: the tax rebate of 600 dollars is only half that for the poor (like me) who weren't really trying. I get $300.

It's fair. I know. Ok, ok , ok. All right all right all right, enough! I said it's fair. I even think it's amusing. To be poor just because you, well, haha, don't want to work. A surprise to get anything at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home