Monday, November 19, 2007

backed up against the stacks -Monday

Heaven. It's already heaven. I'm a bookseller again. She even looks like Her, so I can look at her face and realize what it was about Her. Do you know what I mean? Not that I could in anyway, you know...Never. I'm heels over head with the one I'm supposed to be with but this is mystical and

The tube-sock heiress of Nashville will always be with me. There's no shaking that ghost.

that's how it is
when things disintegrate

-dylan

But the day after Thankgiving will be ...no, I'll like that too, the worst day in retailing. Booksellers always say they hate it but they lie. Well, maybe my friend Mimi wasn't lying. I think she fled to Minnesota the week before, back in '94.

But I think most people enjoy the excitement because it's a team effort and in the back-stock you get to share stories of some customers' outrageous behavior. You act mad but you're laughing.

Is how it is.

But when I got home today there was a call from Dr. Mayflower saying he'd like for me to come in and follow the current data manager around the facilities of The Center For Year Zero Policy Research.

Just for 45 minutes or so, he says, so I can see what to expect.

"We like you," says the trained psychologist.

This wouldn't usually surprise me, since social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists have been ga-ga about me all my life. But this is no cat and mouse. Or, it is but our first and only meeting was also peer to peer. I'm really bowled over.

Either he was a "C" student or I've got low self-esteem.

Haha! I imagine Anonydoc interviewing me for a job. She knows you before you take a seat. I think upon eye-contact I'd just start laughing very hard and then wave 'forget it', laughing and backing out. Opening the door to escape, then making egress on the wrong side of the door, into the wall ala W.C. Fields.

I am just making a fool of myself here, blogging. You'll have to leave now.

OH! But can I leave paradise for money?

Later...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Do tell, what Bookseller do you speak of? You know I am a purchaser of books and book accessories here in colobocomo. Frae'

9:16 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

It's the Big One, Frannie, by the merry go round at the mall! Come see me, ring my cell first and we'll have coffee half price.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home