Monday, January 28, 2008

Today's Grateful Dead List

Don't scoff, lots of 12-step bloggers do this everyday.

Today I am thankful for:

  • Criminal Background Checks (post 1993)
  • My asthma. "I can't do that, I got asthma."
  • The New Deal and The Great Society, I wasn't around to object to on conservative principles.
  • That there is still paper money. (I can see the day coming where our debit and credit cards will also show outstanding debts. Grocery clerks will say, "No loaf of bread for you until you pay your dentist his $2000.)
  • We can still smoke outside and in rented apartments.
  • Insects and birds are smallish. There are no terodactyls to carry me off, nothing can swoop from the sky. Also there are no human predators underground.
  • Electricty doesn't leak from sockets (hat-tip to J. Thurber).
  • My sober sobriety.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great point about paper money versus all electronic, which had never occurred to me. It qualifies both as something to inspire gratitude for now and apprehension for the future. Same goes for being allowed to smoke outside and in rented apartments, I fear.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home