Saturday, May 27, 2006

I'll need emails...

I got a bug in my lungs, I think was going to kill me. Woke up this morning to a cough that made me wonder at Him. A seven or eight on my pain richter, which means "Mama! Papa!" Last night, pain shot through lines as fine as a thumb print on my world, but this morning it was like a pile of rusted auto parts. Down in there deep, where you don't know pain usually.

Two days ago, I knew the precise second I became host (or some cell divided or what?) I was on the factory floor and suddenly felt the weakness and I swung around to look at everyone. Who just gave me that?

Noticed this, which was rolled up behind me very quiety, out of nowhere, and got out the phone cam.


GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting

But it's not viral. I know a lung infection when I've got one.

Called in sick for the first time ever (in my six months there), told them right away I'd have a doctor's excuse, and then drove to Urgent Care. I had to wait about three minutes. Just love this town when the students are away! In an hour I was home with anti-biotics and cough syrup.

Everyone is gone. It's hot, the air conditioning is on, and I'm in a very pleasent, dark room (my own). I have the TV on, which is almost a first. To have the news on and surf at the same time, I mean. Sounds down, it's captioned.

I'm like this.

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting
Fever.

Would be out on a picnic with the Kettle kids. Wearing that wild shirt.

Last night, I was here.
GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting
NO, I didn't write that, just noticed it outside a bookstore.

I'm dreaming of this someday.

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting

unknown photographer

8 Comments:

Blogger Jackson said...

hey that looks like it will be very sweet, judging from your first photo. Nice layout choice too. Give me a call if need any help working with the template, etc.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon ol' chum.

By the way, turns out that I didn't have Mumps. It was just some random virus with similar symptoms.

Your site has lots of nice pictures.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

Mumps of faux mumps, it sounded damned unpleasent, glad you're better.

Great little essay on "The Blob", btw.

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, JJ. I didn't understand that last comment you left on The Blob entry and so I left another comment stating that I didn't know what the hell you were talking about. But sometimes you can be read on a lot of levels, and I'm often confused.

Hope you are recovering quickly.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

Mark,
since the adults had to allow the smashing of windows that one time, the kids might start to take license. So I suggested they pre-empt this by making the smashing of windows an annual "event"/tradition to commemorate the disposal of The Blob.

I was trying to think like our pal the principal, see...

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh...I see. A pre-emptive strike deal combined with a sort of Memorial service for those killed by The Blob. Got it!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

unfortunate phrasing on my part. I mean that we should anticipate shenanigans in case of a sequel is all.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

has there been a sequel to the Blob?

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home