Monday, May 01, 2006

Mayday ---to celebrate

May and June are my favorite months. Mayday is possibly my favorite holiday. To me it's a happier Valentines Day: all about delivering dixie cups (with pipe-cleaner handles) full of candy and little hand-picked violets to your grade school sweethearts.

And it's just the kick off of my game, you know? To this day.

No time to scribe tonight. I did take some pictures downtown today and posted them with some snarky commentary here, if you like. It was fun, but a tad political, as Mayday is liable to be sometimes.

Thanks for dropping by.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trudging said...

Ah yes, Dixie Cups with pipe cleaner handles. Very nice memory

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be a flyover country thing!

We did Maypole dances and had a dance festival at the elementary school.

Then went home to watch the scary commies in Russia trot out all their deadly weapons. Ah the good ole days.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

I was so used to that, being born in '61, it didn't scare me at all. They were kind of awesome for having beat the Nazis, I thought.
My folks didn't talk about the cuban missle crisis, not at the time, not five years later when I was becoming aware. They did talk about the assassination of course...

(Spent a few years of the Vietnamese War thinking we were fighting the Germans, btw...We either had bad reception or were watching Victory at Sea.)

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home