Friday, October 27, 2006

Second Season

GreatestJournal Free Photo HostingWe have a new character, and I'm tempted to name him "Spin Off Reb" because he should have his own show. Actually he is called "Hillbilly Reb" or just Reb. I knew him a hundred years ago in another life and we got along fine, in that sort of "sorry,what's your name again?" way. Unusual thing about it though is that back then we were like, nine. Nine or ten.

Meh. Drunks. Everyone here graduated to dangerous drugs but no one goes to N.A. because we all started drinking young, and we figure A.A. is our root solution. Wouldn't have dropped that acid or shot that heroin if I wasn't drunk and stupid in the first place.

So we're 45. Reb moved in on his birthday, in fact, which makes him three months my junior. Sober four months and he's already got a sober red head who can shake it, brethren and sisteren. A nice bit of calico, a bombshell actually, with an intellect that makes her personality float nicely. A nearly down to earth sprite, I mean. Karen is her name, and she knows where your pressure points are and charges.

No , no, no. You don't tell about your characters, you show them in action and in that way reveal their personalities.

First, I'm going to have to get an ear for the language but Rebs a self-narrator so that shouldn't take long. I attempted a transcription for the Anonyomous Doctor the other day. How did it go. "s'well turn this clothes bag upside down and shake it. packed it in such a hurry. hm. lots of socks. how'd i get so many socks".

As he was moving in and packing his side of the suite with family heirlooms, he noted my framed Van GOG and I think I almost blushed. He didn't say "Art, eh?" and look at me and look at it and look at me and look at it again, thank goodness.

Said, I got art! Mostly the dog and fowl kind, though.

(OH, are you familiar with the works of Maynard Reese?)

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting(I'll ask him someday. Reese used to live across the street from me. I don't know if he was a drunk or not, never saw him in the bars.)

This weekend there is an AA convention in Branson, of all places. It couldn't be more perfect if it was in Bugtussle, such a coincidence. So Reb is away on AA business and his absence makes me even fonder. No reason to think the phooka shouldn't materialize, I'm sure she knows I've missed her.

Thanks for the visit! (and thank you, Exclamation Mark, for my Davey and Goliath Favicon, which appears in the address bar now.) Now I will have to change the casting list on the right, there. (Left to you, of course.) (An original old joke from my first days of blogging!) It appears this interloper is going to stay, what with his good nature, four months sobriety, and hubba hubba girlfriend...

Enjoy your weekend! I'll be back when I have something to add, and that will surely be very soon.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You like him!! You really like him!!!

He sounds like a fun character.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Trudging said...

He does sound fun

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JOhn,

Everything is on the wrong side, the sidebar I mean.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

I don't know, Davey.

Hey, I like the new template. It seems to load a lot faster and looks "cleaner."

10:34 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

guess what , mark, i fooled around with the code myself! really. no, I did. I like the cleaner look too, but am afraid I have something in mind that will screw that up. (want to create and put up a decent looking 'wallpaper') Maybe not . I hate busy looking websites.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say no to wallpaper! White space is good! I like it:)

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home