Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What did I miss

What happened?

Today the Imaginary came over and we listened to all the Lileks "Diners" we've missed since she became pals with that gal reporter. Three weeks worth, calm, pleasent amusement (also with musical novelty recordings from way back).

With Lileks, it's kind of like hearing Jack Benny talk to himself. Good friend you never met but understand, especially when he makes a wrong turn and nests tangents within tangents. ...

She wanted to go back into the archives because she'd missed Part 2 of the Jimmy Leeks conundrum. I was only too happy. Having a bad memory is a plus when it comes to professional entertainment.

Went to the Noon and 5:30 meetings at the Dead End Club, and I saw my foster Sponsor, who was offering me reassuring words about something...I really can't shake this feeling like I'm a walking amnesiac today, what WAS it...

Hm. Dreamed last night that Barney the First Scottie was put in the pound. That was just, haha, ...well, silly! You know.

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting

But that was only the beginning.

What? I'm fine.

The noon meeting
was especially good, as the daily meditation was about meditation and prayer, and no one was afraid to mention Jesus (or TM, for that matter).

One old fellow said he makes himself quiet and listens for the word that tells him to do what's right.

In the morning, I do that, in a way. I try to pull myself together , though, as if sleep has split me into an Alcoholic Congress of Demons. It's a bit too busy, too deliberate, and not quiet inside.

I read a random bit of scripture.

Sometimes just holding the bible in my hands, as I sit in the kitchen waiting for coffee to brew, somehow I get additional comfort. To me the Bible is like a touch stone to all generations. And I remember I am only an individual , and just how deep some feelings can go, and how I should keep that foremost in mind about my fellow man.
_____
Oh, wait. It's coming to me. It's all rushing back now.

Last night this guy in Oakapaloaka I don't like (from way back to Junior High) won a seat in the state house. He's an attorney, and in all his ads he refered to himself as a "small business" owner (technically true, sure, no problem ok, ok, forget that.).

It was a close race. His opponet pointed out that he'd failed to pay his taxes on time , six times. My nemisis shot back that this was a bald faced lie. It had only happened twice.

Ah well. I should send him an email congratulating him. I need the Governor up there to pardon me for something 12 years ago, about robbing drug stores. I don't advocate robbing drug stores, by the way. In fact I'm against that, so that makes me a hypocrite. I hate to bring the subject up, naturally. Nothing worse than hypochrisy. Hell that's even worse than whatever you did, according to some.


I'm FINe !11 Thanks for visiting. Sheesh.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, you are getting over last night! In record speed!

Now, isn't that better than all the gnashing of teeths!

Pat

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

WHAT????

10:30 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Drug store cowboy,eh?

7:25 AM  
Blogger Jackson said...

Cowboy, no. More like a dentist from back east.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder about you Jackson. Will there be a place for washed up republicans in this Demoncratic era?

2:11 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

don't forget who's president, anonymouse.

and i wouldn't go so far as calling them 'Demoncrats'.

Not on the air anyway.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home