Sunday, March 18, 2007

Introducing Scrubs


I haven't told you, but maybe you have heard,
that the Prior of our dorter
has allowed me a Good Night Nurse

__
This is while I am struggling with alcoholism and drug addiction, and trying to write a novel and avoid any kind of labor. The Prior (he is new) is very anxious I "chill out, dude" because I am disruptive and known as "contrarian" at our Monastic meetings.

I call her Scrubs.

She's a very nice woman and a fun companion. We play gin rummy, watch movies, and sometimes enjoy breaking news, but only if it's a live car chase or something similar. Whatever I want to watch.

She's very thoughtful. She's brought me this beautiful world map to brighten up, enliven and enlarge my cell. (Oh, that' s another thing about our new Prior. He's imprisoned me.)

Difficult to see here, but it looks like it's been painted on linen. But it is not painted and it is not on linen. She is going to have it framed. Also she's made me a shelf and is going to frame some favorite family photos of mine.

I am one lucky convalescent from my dis-ease.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Really, you have a nurse? That is a nice map.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

Yeah.
You sound plussed, or nonplussed or something.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NIce Map! Nice Nurse!

Is plussed a word? I guess it is.

Hi Mimi,,JOhn is in a nursing home now!!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

no, no. The nurse is from a nursing home (i guess).

I am not in a nursing home! You're pretending to be obtuse or oblong or something.

stop making me mad. She says that's not good for me.

She comes down the Night Stairs here at the monastery and keeps me company is all.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, thats okay John, lots of people in nursing homes think they are somewhere else. We understand.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

I'm rich, don't you see?

And there are lots of other rich people here too!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home