Monday, May 05, 2008

I work inside

(letter to Dr. Patricia)

The women make the place creamy. I love it when they're in a gossip in the morning and they say "hello john!" in unison when I arrive. haha. My name is already so musical to me, you know. At 8:01 it was already a good day. My big boss, the one who is seven feet tall and has a deep radio-ready voice, is gone to a conference as usual, all week. He's impressive, I like him.

He corrected me when I called him Chris, though. He would like to be called Christopher, please and thank you.

He's never been a boss until a few months ago, and I don't mind that he likes it.

On Friday we approached him with some simple question and got an answer, but then he said "Wait!" as we stood up to leave his cubicle.

I sat back down and he delivered a maxim: "When you come to me with a question I want you to have answers as well."

At first my head shook, yoddily -oddily- oddily, but I think I know what he meant now.

No, wait, it's escaped me again. But anyway as I was driving home that day, I counted syllables.

Christopher=3
Mister Jackson= 4.
John= 1.

But then I thought, this guy is my age, and he's earned this, so all right. And I like Christopher better than Chris anyway. More class.

People think I have a problem with authority but that's not true always. I look for authority, I look for expertise, I look for my superiors. It's true I'll tease them and push but that's not rebellion is it?

Now, cops, yeah. *Click*. I can have a problem with that kind of 'authority'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home