Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Prosperity Secured

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Brother Chance had his first day at work today, and then came home with this much larger television, to play his (really cool, i got to say) video-games. The boxing match has a narration and at first I really thought he had a prize fight playing on ESPN or something. (Well, but there's no crowd, it's like they're fighting in the gym!)

Today I was standing looking through the huge windows into the press room, wondering what had gone wrong, that they had stopped running the afternoon paper, and had been down an hour.

Chance came out and saw me there. Walked up, wiping his hands on his now rainbow colored towel.

"We were changing this ink roller and some little pin got lost. No one could find it. We searched for the longest time and it turned out to have gone down this grill into the floor. But it was like, around the corner and over a 15 foot tall machine, too, so it was like a million dollar shot, no one could believe it ended up down there.

"While they were searching for it they asked me if I'd put it in my pocket and I was like, NOOO. And I checked my pocket just in case and thank god...It wasn't there."

I thought they'd stopped the press because of an earthquake near Fiji. Around noon today there was some question whether New Zealand was going to get hit by a tidal wave.

So, a new TV! I worried for a second, is he going to watch the History Channel with the sound at ear splitting levels? But he uses the captions, thank goodness.

Once we're better pals I'm going to start bugging his good looking seester (who looks like Tracey Nelson) to bug him to get those hearing aids.

All in all, such a nice day. Thanks to you all who have written emails and left comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home