Thursday, June 01, 2006

We're getting somewhere

I've been invited to speak at St. Lukes tonight. *yawn*. I'm thinking of moving up to the Optimists Club. Or the Toastmasters! Learn to tap dance first...

In the year and eleven days of my intense therapy with Anonydoc, (email score Me:1098, Her: less) we may have matched me up with an important Concept.

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting

Unfortunately, it's from a schizophrenic model; however, she knows I'm not psychotic, or politely says she knows, so it's just possible I picked this up somewherefamily.

The question is why I am always attacking my friends and trying to make them mad.

The concept is "warmth through friction".

Now, thankfully I'm not from a happy-sappy family, but maybe we spat each other's names more than we should. We're warm, in some ways, when we're laughing especially. But mostly we laugh (and deride) one another.

When I was a kid, I was always "cruising for a bruising". I'd get chased, knocked down, and slugged. (I mention this often, so you will note my physical bravery.) But finally someoneJerry wisely gave me a knock on the noggin and I saw the lightstars.

That was about the time we were all learning how to masterfully insult and demoralize one another, so there was a new game, I guess.

Here's what I do when I get bored-cold here and no one is writing me. First, I file a complain with CERN, which as far as I know is still in charge of the World Wide Web. They write back that everything is in order, or explainable, as in physics.

Then, I turn to my absent friends and I start to wildly exaggerate my grievance. That never works---almost never, except sometimes my anonydoc, who knows what I'm up to, promptly warns me of impending consequences. It's an email, anyway.

And then I carry on to the flanking movement, and there's a war. On my friends. Followed by my getting a silent treatment


GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting
that makes me go :(((((( with ten chins.

Next, I go troll any political board. The world at large, that is, for someone to demoralize, confuse, and possibly contribute to the Jeb in 2008 campaign.

Still and always, though, you have to wonder just what help it is, identifying the problem when it's plainly your nature. Like, I'm naturally a prick, it seems.

So one moves on to philosophy and religion or spirituality.

Will-power, even if it's in good working order,

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting
isn't really the answer. Because you know why? Because you want to BE different, not just ACT different. You want good form and good health and good manners to be natural to you. That seems to be possible only through a higher power, not your own. Faith again, which also (at least finally) does not require will power either.

omigosh, the time. I'm on in 45 minutes and have to drive up'town.

thanks for visiting. Please leave comments, lots of comments since I need attention.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! Didn't you know that "acting" different is the precursor to "being different". I swear, it works. Someone told me so.

But the "higher power" may be a better bet in this case.

Anyhow, I like your "prickdom",,sort of.

Yr Srvnt!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

Oh, I know, I've got that, finally, though it's hard to practice of course. I just meant eventually, will power isn't even neccesary. I think that's what i meant anyway, I wrote this a whole two hours ago and don't want to re-read it.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

THIS IS NOT ENOUGH ATTENTION AND I KNOW PEOPLE ARE VISITING. STILL THE OLD SILENT TREATMENT eh, whoop! someone making a racket at the door.

Friendly. Not to worry.

THIS IS NOT ENOUGH ATTENTION AND EH, YOU KNOW I PAY BACK DOUBLE SO SOME OF YOU WON'T BE HEARING FROM ME IN LIKE, TWO DAYS

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, ok. hi john! i know you like emails, but some of us like good, old-fashioned live interaction. come see us sometime!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Jackson said...

You were one i was trying to bait yesterday. After that "shriners' comment of yours anyway. :-D

see you tomorry for the gradjeation.

I walked her to kindergarten once,...geez

5:18 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

THREE , NO FOUR, OF THESE COMMENTS ARE BY ME!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Oh for crying out loud, Jackson! I think about you everyday, even if I don't write...isn't that enough??? Don't make me come there and kick your buns.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heheh. Reminds me of Fields to his young daughter: "Don't tell me i don't love ya!"

*raised elbow , threatened back-hand*

aw.

thnks mimi

mutterin' grumblin' walkin'away ditherin'

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home