Wednesday, September 20, 2006

i'm happy except for all your troubles

"Me too," she said.

Just passing by as my Pooka has business downtown (haha,cute). Never mind that sign, what kind of flowers are these orange flowers? And don't say "orange flowers". They're very pretty and unexpected (by me!)
GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting

Turn the corner here...
GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting

Oh. No. This is just wrong. It looks photo-shopped in real life, sorta. Gee whiz. I wonder what a Youseum is.
GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting

Then, "no I don't".

Moving along. About being 'dry drunk', let me say this about that.

Oh my stars and bars there's a new favorite expression. "let me say this about that". It will replace the now worn, "because you know why?"

Step 12 is about how we keep our sobriety by doing what the group has come to call "service work" with another addict or alcoholic. I'm discovering that you can leave the other alcoholic out of it. Let them fend for themselves, God looks after drunks and small children (say meh).

I drive and wait during emergencies, and Florrie has plenty, so I've been getting out, always with my camera ready in case I find another camera enthusiast like the local news girl here...

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting
photo from a post-modern day I had once years ago


Getting away from this insalubrious dorter seems to give me better peripheral vision. I've long thought that depression sort of narrows it.

I mean on nice days like this especially, when you're not trudging to work or your destiny, just out and about with a pooka who has a team of lawyers and social workers (haha, cute!) working something out; Not really having anything to do with the day's business except to marvel at the slack.

I'm poorly dressed and unshaved, my hairs like hat hair... just like I was at work. But nope, I'm not, I'm free a lot this week!

Is it service work? Naw, too easy. But it's plentiful even outside the recovery movement. And this is unlike me, let me tell you. I could have been home listening to Dylan's "Love And Theft" still,

with lyrics like this:

There ain't no limit
to the amount of trouble women bring
Love is pleasing,
love is teasing,
love's not an evil thing

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So,,,why didn't you shave?

Oops,,I chaneled your Mother.

You know who I am!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Where are you living now.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Jackson said...

still at an Oxford house. I recommend them to anyone just out of treatment; you're free but live with people who are in Recovery. It's cheap and the houses are run very much like AA itself.

I could stay forever. May stay another year, I think. It's safe. Anyway, I"ll never be a hermit again if i can help it...

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home