Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thank God for You Tube and just everything !

Last year the internet turned into the Museum of Broadcasting. I didn't notice because they had me landed , pressed up against the fence you might say, for months.

Perhaps You Tube means I won't have to wait for a corporate executive to realize there's going to be a market for, say, reruns of old Dick Cavett interviews...

Anyachoo...

Via my mysterious friend at (what I call) "Bob Is Right" (link to left in the blogroll, he's got a terrific scroll but I can't stand the European term 'Right Wing', see) here is Bob Dylan singing Hank William’s song "Thank God" for the Chabad Telethon in 1986.

An oddily oddily oddily! (to borrow a mel blanc phrase)



" This is Bob Dylan. I’m in England[?] right now, working, so I can’t be there tonight, but I’d like to say that I think Chabad is a great organization helping people in need, helping to set them free from the misconceptions and devastation which is destroying their lives from within.

Of course this a fierce battle, for those responsible for poisoning the minds and bodies of America’s youth are reaping great profits. If you can help Chabad to help others who have fallen victim to the lies and deceits of those who are much more powerful, do so. "

2 Comments:

Blogger Trudging said...

Good to hear from you!

3:14 AM  
Blogger Jackson said...

whenever there is a pause and I can quote zippy the pinhead, i go for it.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home