Friday, September 29, 2006

Old Dylan (the young man)

I noted in a previous post that Sean at Right Wing Bob has an article published in The Weekly Standard. It's now online one jump from here. Titled "What Dylan Is Not".

Now, I am a fan of the old man Dylan, since ruining my friend Zigfield's copy of Street Legal, but here is something special. It is a Dylan appearence on the Steve Allen Show, singing "Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll".

I just watch and think my gosh, no wonder. Such self-confidence. He took them all by storm. He can sing, too, what are you talking about. He's as good as Caruso, man! And when he was drunk , knew it and said so. (You should hear him hold a note while singing "I Don't Believe You" on the Live '66 album.)

Such a compelling story too, well told, oddly told...

Anyway, here it is from the Magic youtube.com

From 1964, enjoy...



Here is a Mother Jones' article on William Zantzinger.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for 5 minutes of Bob, I llove that guy. I enjoy his Theme time radio program on my fancy xm radio. I even make my employees to listen for a whole every wednesday morning while Bob rambles on about some crazy nonsense.

love ya.

Frae'

9:48 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

I can't wait to hear his radio show! Do they archive it on the internet, I wonder? I've looked and apparently you have to catch it live.

xo
jdj

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home