Monday, January 01, 2007

From Suite To Cell To A Room Of My Own

I've resisted moving out of the double room in this sober house for a year. Even though it meant having a room-mate, I prefered it for reasons that are already becoming obscure to me, after only a few days.

Toward the end, I fought eviction. One of my housemates finally just came out and said I freaked out new arrivals (it's become an lol memory but at the time...)

I eat, sleep, I type. My conversation is severely limited with most people. Also, you finally find me sputtering and cursing certain guests on C-span's Morning Journal.

Anyway, in a year, we've had five relapses and they were all newbies who shared the suite with me. Try something new!

So I'm starting off the new year in a new room. It's very small and I hated it for about two days.

But it's the first room of my own in 18 months! Of course, having a new place has turned out to be fun. I feel like a kid who's mean older brother got sent to reform school.

It's mine!

And of course what's most comforting is still having your old prized possesions.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trudging said...

Nice progression

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I say "I told you so" or would that be just so wrong?

8:30 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

Do you forget that our words are written down and saved? "I told you so" ?!?!
As I recall you were telling me things like 'man you're really sunk' and 'how did you lose that one?'




ok, ok , kidding, you did tell me so

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home