Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Republican Sweater

I didn't get the Year Zero Data Manager job. Not sure how I feel about it now. I got a lot of practice at tests and interviews... almost put one over, very close! But damn.

So I am at the bookstore and I start as a wandering cleric at the University on Monday.

Two jobs, hahaha.

:-|

I am a mystery to myself, no longer the drunkard.

Anyway, my sobriety turned me Republican but losing the cold war works out ok for guys like me. Food stamps, a chance at Medicaid... I just don't vote for guys like me, is all.

I love the bookstore. It could end Jan. 12, or I could be hired permanent. Ten years experience, most of it came back since the same pulp trash is still in print and somehow I remember where most books are shelved, etc. I can hand-sell.

Best moment so far was finding a barely remembered but favorite cookbook of an older woman, about 70. I can imagine how she felt, seeing it again with the same cover. We had just enough clues. And it wasn't even shelved where it was supposed to be.

I am ambitious in this one respect.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyway, my sobriety turned me Republican but losing the cold war works out ok for guys like me. Food stamps, a chance at Medicaid... I just don't vote for guys like me, is all.

That's easily the best paragraph I've read all week. Hilarious.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home