Monday, March 17, 2008

Parcheesi House

Wheel.

That was 48 hours of unpleasant suspense. Calling on The Comforter's peace two couch-nights, 3 a.m. I had the idea of making a tactical retreat to Iowa but friends ---who could think clearly, after all---knew that would be foolish. Make yourself not depressed but forlorn maybe.

It's hard to see at first, the simple tasks as simple. Call another Oxford, get another home quick. That actually seemed impossible, Saturday morning. "And by my reckoning, you'll need $300." Now call.

And so I have an interview the very next day at Parcheesi House. And it's a beautiful home, almost like a mansion, brand new, friendly , clean, RICH.

It turns out that for the last two years I've been living in a slum-Oxford.

It's like the difference if your dad is a shoe-salesman or a V.P. at HBO. These two houses. They voted me in, and now it's like my folks are rich. Who knew? ?!?!? Everyone but me. And apparently those other dumb arses at the shoe salesman's house, where they even pay more rent. You're noah arcing me! No, no I'm not.

I will move in asap this week. The suspense is over, as I say, but I'm still imposing on friends. They're great though. My gosh, at Zigfields I can choose from six bunk beds. House of show business people. Roller Derby Queen in charge there, who means business.

People think I make sh)t up. I'm not, are I, R.M.M. (She took a spill on the track last night, hope she got some ice on that hip).

And then here at the Good Night Nurse's and her 14 year old son's. It's where I left my sandwich, is why I'm here now. I have this sandwich, see, that...well, never mind. It goes with me usually. Someday I may have to call a cab for it.

Faith. Once in awhile I remember that two months ago I almost scored a salaried job. Work is no longer something that just crosses my mind of course.

I quote the poet, J-JM, again. "If you do nothing, somethings going to happen , man." That's from his early work, when he was only 20 years old. "Nature takes over. Behold the abandoned Chevy in the weeds," he continued.

More later, thanks for visiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home