Saturday, May 31, 2008

not down to me


My own again lowst again won't marry me to me down.

She is a Memphis girl but grew up part-time/seasonable in Mississippi, where her family they say would scare the begeez out of me but I'm not afraid tho and would give up the pleasure of her company to live down south with her dad, who is my kind of guy though I am far from his kind of guy I'm sure. See, he was a professional wrestler in the late 60's, on local TV you know, giving interviews to a trembling reporter. (My own again lost again spent some time thinking it just natch to turn on Saturday morning TV and seeing dad in a cape. He was always the good guy, at least. What if he'd played the villain? I mean , my word. How would that go?)

I'd like to hang with him because he would probably send me to the fridge for a beer and say "have one yourself i guess".

And if I had a headache he'd probably say, "There's some morphine in the medicine cabinet, if it's really bad but don't take too much". Her dad has broken every bone in his body. His back three times. He was known as "The Blue Gas Heat". Or something more lyrical but the same idea.

My love she remembers her sainted grandmother fondly. This woman realized she'd better take the girl of the boys to church and buy her a dress and let her have special time, talking and eating at a restuarant afterwards. My love is sweet and cheerful beyond belief.

If she is in a bad mood she will laugh, "I feel so grumpy today."

But I try to marry her, up from my low grade of depression in life and it's summertimes enough just to not be said no to. I stick around. She's got a life , and brains; she's got perfect vision and can hear far away : WHAT'S THAT.

It would be a good match for me as generally I am shrew-bait.

I guess it's funny I'd accept a counter-proposal just to go live with her retired dad, but I've explained that now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home