Sunday, June 04, 2006

More color before my time

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting

This is where I work, and it's from long ago. I recognize some of these people from Recovery, and they probably are still stoned here.

Thanks to them, I don't know what, verbal warnings are all put in writing now?

Victory! It's all over.

And in exchange for that concession, we all have to pee in a cup.

The photo is nice for the color. It looks like a cheap motel postcard from the early 60's.

(note: actually, i haven't the slightest idea what started the dispute, or when this was, or what happened. I just know what it's like now.)

(Photographer unknown.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm no expert, but based solely on shoes, that's not a long ago picture. Geez, John. Look at the SHOES!!!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

The photo is from 1967. Everything you see is genuine, but appears modern due to our retro-styles and consciousness.
Yes, I can date this within months of the "Dump The Hump" movement and the Summer of Love. (These poor people were squares.) Note the Chinos. or whatever you call those pants that go to the knee. Capris? Forget all that. You have to go by tint and color, Ma. I'm an expert.

btw, I wrote C_death, and he says:

"they were taking away our west coast pension plan and trying to force us into only using their 401K.

"the union ended up losing the fight and their pension. luckily, i have not worked there for several years."

He's in a nursing home, you know.

P.S. you're trying to turn this into a shoe thread to make me mad, but it won't work because NO ONE LEAVES COMMENTS HERE.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I do I do!!! I leave comments!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

well, yeah.


But they're critical sometimes.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Joke!*


kidding, kidding. love you , mimi.

we are a pair.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

btw, note how Ma Kettle wants to direct our attention to the shoes, while there is that gigantic, obviously Y2K BUILDING standing right there.

I stand by my post because it's my birthday week, and this is my blog, and anyway i got you to leave a comment, so I win and that's the end of the discussion. (except i want more comments of course).

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home