Monday, August 21, 2006

that something

We drew our cameras...

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting
and it was a draw.

Visit R.M. here and marvel at her archives, imaginatively catergorized, like so:
*Abandoned (15)
* Chairs (4)
* Diptych (3)
* Downtown (43)
* Holga (45)
* Landscape (7)
* Leaves (1)
* Life & Death (4)
* Campus (5)
* My Favorites (24)
* My Neighborhood (9)
* Olympus XA (42)
* People (25)
* Polaroids (4)
* Travels ()
* Trees (8)
* Vehicles (9)
* Walking to Work (32)

"Walking to work" is my favorite.

It's our town.

"We all know that something is eternal. And it ain’t houses and it ain’t names, and it ain’t earth, and it ain’t even the stars . . . everybody knows in their bones that something is eternal, and that something has to do with human beings. " --Thornton Wilder

As of this posting there is a mildly jarring picture of "The library at the old Military Academy .."

I note today that my old college chum
Exclamation Mark's b-movie review site is shutting down in September.

I've added his new site,
Exclamation Mark's Site for Sore Eyes, in the sidebar.

He writes, "It's not quite an art blog, but certainly akin to one. Fine arts will be a facet of the page, but I'll also focus on pop culture and vintage ephemera. Actually, anything visual that catches my eye will be a candidate for publishing. I'll also include personal artifacts from time to time."

It's already up, and you can tell it will be a treat. I'll miss the movie review site and am going to be sure to get into the archives there before it disappears.


Also, Mrs. Applebones has some site changes. Like, you can back-talk now if you wish, though she has the option of deleting anything untoward. (You wouldn't want to back-talk, though, you'd want to be friends, of course! Click here.)

I only have friends who are great, somehow, but it's true.

I friend-UP, you know, ---I'm smart that way.

Busy week for me, but I'm not overlooking the present pleasentness of waning summer days. My pooka has let me visit her burrow in the woods with the faeries ...
GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting
(it's never in the same place,--except, there's always a scary kind of bridge, which I don't have to cross but still---, so she comes out to greet me.)

My job is fine(see previous post), though they might still put me back to work someday.

Lately, instead of driving straight back home afterwards I've been detouring and walking downtown, visiting odd shops and here and everywhere a coffee house. Another change in my habits recently is that I read the New York Times daily. The real thing, I mean, the paper. Not only is the (pre-war?) news fascinating and frightening, but the Times itself gives me the Eee.Beee.s...Like one's own dark shadow, or reverse image or something. It's neurotic. It doesn't want to see certain things that seem obvious to me, Mr. Clear Eyed Conservative. It's almost like...the enemy pretending to be your teacher. Perhaps you think I am mad, no? Mwah.

I wake up one minute before the alarm, when I get a second chance to see a movie I always catch the part I've already seen, and whenever I think of my pooka she coincidentally rings my phone, within an hour!!!

It's all so uncanny, life. Which sounds like I'm saying it's unnatural, but "uncanny" is better. "Suggesting supernatural influences" or, of course, faulty logic, which I love. *sudden mad laughter*

Ah, me. Aw, you.

We'll do.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Hey John, thanks for the kind words and support for my new blog.

I'm in the process now of migrating my movie review site to a free host (Wordpress) and I hope to preserve it this way. I may even update it occasionally if everything goes well.

Renee looks like a prime candidate for my new blog. Some great stuff, there.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

still marvel at your ability to do a query-search, always seemed highly advanced, no joke. You're very good at link blogging but I will miss the writing and commentary.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Oh, I love her pictures! It makes me want to move to Colo.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the kudos, everyone! I'm glad someone can appreciate my photos besides me:)

happy blogging!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home