Sunday, August 13, 2006

Distant ambivilence

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting
"Daybreak": which i've been referring to as 'the eclipse', rather stupidly.

Apparently the Summerhill style residential rehab I lived in has continued in its new, half-way house philosophy. (Darn those two crazy addicts --out of several thousand-- who brought down the boom one summer night a year ago!!)

My anger is spent, and I'm not even sure if I have an opinion on the matter anymore. A house with dual diagnosis addicts would seem to need a lot of extra structure, though Daybreak had apparently operated for years with Summerhill freedom.

I did expect to miss the place. But no, not in the least.

I owe amends there for being dismissive and treating some staff with angry contempt as each new rule was posted.

Something tells me I wouldn't have stayed long enough to survive, if Daybreak was like it is today, though.

Only those of us who moved into bonafide Sober Houses are still in recovery after a year. These homes allow complete freedom; you're simply sharing a house with other recovering alcoholics/junkies and the only rule is to stay sober and use the common sense you would living in any other group situation.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did she really leavve you?

Did you like laugh at one of her shameful secrets? Hahahah!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

well actually she said she was going to tell me a secret but substituted something totally predictable and mundane. So no, i didn't laugh.

has that happened to you recently? EH?
___
OH. You mean the pooka.

She's back.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home