Thursday, February 08, 2007

Also recommended (and again, Kurp)

Via the invaluable daily blogger at Anecdotal Evidence I have found Nancy Ruth, a writer from Canada who is "tracing my way from birth".

I noticed she has a mate (husband? I haven't read very far) who wrote:

"I am tired of being with people
who never have heard
of Charlie McCarthy
or Mortimer Snerd."


So I've shuffled her into my blogroll.

Also, you ought to visit another recent addition, Today In Letters, which is, simply put, "Letters and diary entries from this day in literary history."

For instance today's letter is from Hannah Arendt, on February 8, 1963. Anyone can turn up. Believe I've seen Samuel Johnson, William Falkner, Kafka, Shelly, Anais Nin, May Sarton...

May Sarton?? Yeah, but you can scroll down, you can go through the archives if you wish, any given visit.
____
By the way, I am so taken with Kurp's "Anecdotal Evidence" that I've gone into the scroll's archives. He recently had his first blog-anniversary. I'll make my way through.

This may finally rescue me from the internet. My interest in literary fiction and even poetry increases every day now, it's coming back to me, all the wisdom in there (stolen and manipulated by political activists and self-help psychologists), goodness. It's like a letter from my favorite English professor everyday. Only I never liked any of my English professors but I like Kurp.

And thank heavens, evidently he's old.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NIce to read, will check out!

6:49 PM  
Blogger CAIM Treatment said...

hi we are recovering addicts and Alcoholics running a blog from a rehab centre in India . we would like you to get in touch with us and help us out .. at http://addictionrecoveryworld.blogspot.com/

caio

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home