Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dad with the golden helmet

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting
It's a terrifying likeness, but there he is, MY DAD, dadgone these 15 years now, like 500 years before, and how many more?

Once we are taken, *switch*, I bet it seems just a moment before your family is with you. And everyone gets their memory back that heaven is home, not the earth. There's probably some laughter or good-natured ribbing, you went back down determined you weren't going to be a damn fool again but you were.

God's time you know.

We might as well be waiting for him, and he'll say "What are you guys doing here, I just died two minutes ago, what, did a plane hit the building and kill us all?"

And we'll say 'what took ya?' , all like we'd been standing around impatient. And that will be sometime in the next 40 years, it doesn't matter.

Or, I don't know. Maybe in heaven---I know in my heaven---you get to watch how events unfold on earth and it's very interesting and the time flys and you don't even look for your family until there's some boring decade like the 1970's or some boring century like the 11th was (*rolling eyes, grimmacing*).

Here is my mom, these 15 years later. She is visiting tomorrow, and it will be the first I've seen her in one year!

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting

David, my brother who is three years older, may be with her. I pray, he's been sick for the last 15 months, on interferon for Mastocytosis (blood produces too many mast cells, your bones start getting pressure fractures...It's not fatal but it may be a life sentence to the sometimes horrific interferon. He seems good on the phone.)

Our town is having one of its June festivals that evening, and they have a room in a nice downtown hotel. We'll be in the center of the action. Horse carriages, clowns on unicycles, belly dancers, men on stilts, numerous street corner bands, and lots of kids about to lift off with balloons.

I'll let them believe this is how it always is, Thursday nights. (Perhaps they won't buy it if there are an abundance of costumed midgets.) And they'll pretend to buy it sort of like they pretend to buy that I live in a monastery.

I'm a little worried how they both will look. One year may finally have changed my mother's appearance (she's __ years old!!!)

This last hard year for David has produced comments to me like, "he looks great, considering". So I have to prepare myself, which I have, I guess. I hope.

That he wants to travel and see me is a terrific reassurance to me, in a number of ways. His health, his attitude, our relationship (David I could introduce you to as 'my idol').

Anonydoc says "Clean your room!" "Get your hair cut!" etc.

Okay. Okay. But my room is clean. And my hair is short.

Okay. Okay. The room could be more clean. My hair hasn't been cut in two months, I bet. (so. meh). I mean Okay. But I'm broke. Or, I feel broke, I'm near broke, it's an expense, might dampen my spirits. But it might cheer me up too. I will nap now and wake up with answers.

Life is so good. I'm starting to notice the weeks individually now too, like I finally could the 24 hours. Less rocky! Shorter tremors when my heart gets broke, etc. I think, fewer temper tantrums on this scroll, no? (I'm not scrolling down to review, no...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home