Sunday, June 25, 2006

Hurt the dog's feelings, dagnabit

I'm just now home from work, and so I decided on a coffee nap (sugar and cream, wakes you wake right up when you actually fall asleep).

Little Dog knows to stay off my bed, but not to stay off when I'm on it. She's always rough-housing with Chance though, jumping up on his bed and giving him no end of "fun". She brings him dog toys. I was very surprised when she took a running leap and jumped up on me while I was just drifting off from the dock, so to speak.

So, I yelled/barked at her with loud indignation and she jumped off and scampered out of the room fast, her nails slipping on the tiles in the hall. All the way to the end of the hall to the door to the laundry room and the upstairs.

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting

But what's interesting is she almost immediatly came back, as I was back on the bed relaxing again, and deliberately bumped my bed and then left again.

Hm! Was that rebellion? Have I been challenged???

I didn't know if she was teasing me, or being tot-like and 'showing' me or what. Then I heard her give a little pout, back at the end of the hall.

Oh, GAD! Come here, come here, little dog. I'm sorry, come here, we'll make up.

She came in sort of mopey and uncertain and I invited her again to let me pet her as I sat on my bed-on-the-floor.

You can't come up here. Off the bed. But I didn't mean anything to hurt your feelings, ok, (I patted and rubbed her belly and ears). Now get out, again. All right.

No more of this nonsense.

She started out again, almost like she was a little more grown up. But then she remembered Chance again and was awww better.

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting

Shmutt.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trudging said...

I see you Jackson!

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home