Thursday, July 27, 2006

"He's Lying. He's Pulling The Company Leg. "

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting
insert speed and color

That's one of those slippery glossy newspaper inserts in a blur there, what Lileks calls the fish guts of your Wednesday edition. I'm surprised with this phone camera pic. Of course I know what to recognize. Everythings clear, up close, including the lazer eye (which is meant to set off sirens if your pocket jams or runs out, not if someone sticks their hand in there. It's not a safety feature, I mean. Not that I'm complaining, just was told the other day that other factories have these electric eyes for the purpose of safety, not simple efficiency.

GreatestJournal Free Photo Hosting
Summer afternoon, our carriers and haulers waiting for the afternoon paper to come out on the outside conveyer belt.

I think that's the first time I've dared point my camera at these folks. Anyway, the picture (and camera) can't do justice. Behind me you'd see a line of cars going half a block.

All is well. Except I'm in trouble with the big Boxx since I keep squirmy-worming my way out of watching this hour long video on hearing loss after my shift ends.

Wish they'd have a matinee during my assembly line hours. That's what I'm waiting for of course.

H.R. is on the hunt and I am one of three they haven't got yet (out of a hundred, I'm in the 97th percentile there!) Today I put an extravagent promise in writing, hey, I'll be here at 6 a.m. Sunday morning if you want! Just not this afternoon, is all!
Dropped it on the communal table they have in that office.

"as always, yr mst ob. srvt. J/returns / bindery dept. (HI MARVA!)"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get it. Why does the company care if you go deaf? do they think it will be a workman's comp?

Back to studying,,you know who I am!!

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose they want it established that we were all deaf to begin with.

smart!

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home