Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Interview with a B-aficionado

My college chum/ former hellmate in the programming world, Exclamation Mark, who keeps an excellent and active B-Movie review scroll, is interviewed here.

BELLA: What kind of person is the likeliest reader of your blog? What would you hope they get out of reading you?

MARK: Fans of old local TV “creature features” are my most likely readers. A lot of kids who enjoyed those programs grew up to find themselves nostalgic for the old horror show hosts and the films they introduced. We tend to be a sentimental lot.

There was something exciting about staying up late on weekends (in my case, usually with my little brother, Tom, and my best friend, Tony) to watch those old, cheesy sci-fi/horror flicks. I hope, with my reviews, to recapture some of the awe and innocence of those days. Of course, I have an adult perspective now, and I like to add informational touches as well.

Many of my readers are just looking for information on a particular movie, and may not be regular visitors (which is fine). Because of my subject matter, I tend to attract an older crowd (I’m 44 years old myself), and I’ll get the occasional Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan, too.


He also talks about blogging in general, with a few cautionary tales about the long and winding road.

To this day I've never followed his best advice and example. It just goes to show, it doesn't pay to ignore exclamations.*

*actually, he is not really an exclaimer...He is an exacting aesthetic, and speaks softly, waiting for the laughter to die down.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trudging said...

Good going Mark!

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice of you to post this, Honest John. Did you see I got a plug in for you for starting me on this "blog thing?"

Not following my advice and example is what makes your blog so engaging. So my current advice to you would be: Don't follow my advice or example.

Always a pleasure.

3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home